Celebrating Home, Happiness and a Season of Joy!
The Drew Team wishes you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
2021 has been full of success, challenges and we have been privileged to serve many families in reaching their HOME goals, THANK YOU to each of you for allowing us to serve!
Our Giving Tuesday charities continue to be great options for year-end giving and tax benefits - you can see them HERE!
Finally we want to remember our First Responders, especially those who will be working throughout the holidays, THANK YOU for being out there to serve our communities, we appreciate you and the sacrifice you make along with your families! We would love to honor you and serve you if you are considering a home purchase.
Thanks to our partners in honoring our First Responders:
At The Drew Team we have some great charities that we support consistently: Today seemed a good day to share them and a bit about why we support them in hopes that it may inspire others to do the same in their community!
Number 1 over the last decade for The Drew Team has been supporting the work of Phoenix Children's Hospital. We are blessed to have world class doctors, nurses, staff and facilities here in Arizona, and the work of PCH is certainly world class. There mission is obvious but few realize that nearly 1 in 8 Arizona families will have a child admitted to Phoenix Children's Hospital in addition to those who come from further away.
This year PCH is not accepting donations of items, however you can join us at The Drew Team by making a direct financial impact to their work by accessing this LINK to DONATE.
Our 2nd community of impact is actually related to the first but with a very special focus. Jaxton's Heart Warrior Foundation and their major fundraising Golf Tournament are a truly personal community for The Drew Team as the namesake is a child of the Hansen family whom we have had the pleasure of serving multiple times and also many related friends and family.
Jaxton was born with a life threatening heart defect and spent 3 months in PCH's ICU! As he healed and life became more normal over time, the Hansen family had a desire to support the Hospital, thus Jaxton's Heart Warrior Foundation was born to raise money to support families that would follow in needing such care. You can read more about the even HERE and more about Jaxton's journey on the Foundation website HERE.
Another of our favorite local charities is Hope Women's Center, truly the embodiment of a scriptural reference in supporting our modern "widows and orphans" by giving them necessities, education and most importantly the encouragement that they don't walk alone into the future... there is hope.
The Drew Team counts it a great joy that this organization serves the Valley and fullfils such a need. As they say "Hope's mission is to encourage, engage, and equip women & teen girls facing any difficult life situation. We guide women from trauma to transformation!" Find out more by visiting their website HERE.
Healing Saddles Inc is another wonderful non-profit that fits passions as a place to support as they focus on therapy for both Children/Youth and First Responders! They do this by utilizing Equine Therapy to benefit those who have physical, developmental, and emotional disabilities. Their goal is to enhance lives using the "connections of animals, therapists, and volunteers to beneifit the lives of children, youth and first responders."
You can find out more about their work, events, how to volunteer and how to support them financially on their website at HealingSaddles.org
Obviously there are many other worthy causes, foundations, ministries and organizations... We hope this is inspiration for YOU to find your passion to support our community #GivingTuesday is just a day but we believe supporting our communities is one of the key components to a life that goes beyond us and hope you will join us in that pursuit.
The real estate market remains competitive for buyers as the sellers are still in control, however there are some things a buyer can do to increase their opportunity! I'll give you a few more after this short video example:
First is getting a prequalification or pre-approval if you are getting a loan. In Arizona it must be included with the offer or if not the offer will not even be presented to a seller. You don't want to miss out on the desired home because you needed time to get a prequalifcation while someone else buys the house.
Second is to be sure you know your timeframe. If moving from a rental this likely is centered around your lease, know that from accepted offer to closing the contract takes typically 30-45 days but that doesn't include the time to search and find the property. It is recommended to reach out to a REALTOR a few months before your lease end so that you can be prepared and not rushed.
Third knowing what you will need for funds beyond the down payment - such as for an inspection, appraisal etc, while not huge costs it can still be a hurdle if you are unaware -- which is why at The Drew Team we love to meet and discuss the details of the process to reduce stress.
The bottom line is that being prepared and knowing your options are the best way to both reduce stress and to win the home you will be happy in for years to come. Having a professional that represents you and your interests is the best way to do this.
Want to know how to win in today's real estate market? Contact us so we can help you get on the right path TODAY just like we have done for nearly 1000 families already.
The real estate market is always in flux, 2021 has been dramatically one-sided with sellers in control and buyers at their mercy. TODAY that is changing and it may mean both sides can benefit in a few ways! KEEP READING TO SEE HOW.
- Are sellers still in control? YES The market remains very strong, the most important factor is that we only have about 1 month of supply and still a very strong demand for homes.
-Is it still a strong time to sell? YES Many presume holidays/fall is a tough time to sell, yet there are still buyers in the market and you know they are serious buyers because they are making the time to find a home. Buyers who have been trying to get in a home for a few months are still needing a home.
- Will sellers still reap benefits of 2021's double-digit appreciation? YES This year has seen strong appreciation in home values! The prices continue to creep up. If listing a home NOW, you will get the appreciation in price, have serious, qualified buyers looking and likely get a strong contract with less hassle.
The most important part for a seller TODAY is working with a professional that understands your neighborhood, pricing to maximize offers & negotiating experience to guide you to the most profit while reducing stress! The Drew Team has served in over 80 home sales this year, we can help you win!
- Are there MORE homes for sale now? YES This is huge, especially if you were looking earlier this year, LOOK AGAIN! As an example, in May we only had 4800 homes available Valley-wide, TODAY we have about 7500 home available - a 50%+ increase!!!
- Is NOW a better opportunity for buyers? YES The opportunity takes a few forms in this time. Obviously more homes, more options and beyond that there is less competition! Many people who were looking at the peak simply gave up, thus we are seeing less offers which increases your chances of seeing, liking, offering AND winning a home!
- Can First Time Buyers WIN in this market? YES We secured a contract for a First-Time Buyer who was using a Down Payment Assistance Program on a beautiful home in Queen Creek just this week. Our experience and expertise can help YOU win even now! We do this by coaching you, preparing you, making sure you know what to expect AND by being your advocate with the seller/listing agent while negotiating hard on your behalf! Who you work with matters!!!
- If you are renting it may be of interest that in the last year rental rates have increased faster than home appreciation... to such an extent that owning is less expensive than renting in MANY cases.
As a local example we have a client that recently purchased a home in Queen Creek for $340,000:
That same floorplan, in the same community is RENTING for $2,000 per month.
By comparison the principle and interest payment on a mortgage for that same house (FHA with only 3.5% down) would be likely be $1600-1700 depending upon credit.